Class 03 – Tues (13:15) and Thurs (10:25)
Write a short introduction (about 50-75 words) about yourself. This will:
- help you become comfortable with Brain Drain and
- allow you and your classmates to get to know each other.
All of your writing assignments will have two parts:
- your main post (self-introduction)
DUE FRI 14 MARCH, 11:59 pm
- a brief, but thoughtful reply to one or more of your classmates
DUE SAT 15 MARCH, 11:59 pm
If you’re not sure what to write about, here are some things you can include:
- where you grew up and went to school
- what you like to do in your free time
- favorites (food, books, musicians, TV shows, etc.)
- bad habits
- some goals this semester
- what you would like to do someday
Here’s my introduction:
Hi, it’s nice to meet all of you. I’ve lived in Korea for about ten years and am beginning my eighth year teaching at Kangnam University. I’m also the editor of the English edition of our university newspaper The Kangnam Hakbo. Please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. If you’d like to do some work for the Hakbo, just let me know!
I’m from Roselle, IL, a quiet town about thirty minutes from Chicago. I have a wonderful wife who’s also my best friend. We don’t have children yet. I like writing and photography, but don’t do enough of it. I love junk food and would happily eat pizza and ramyeon every day if I didn’t think it would give me a heart attack. My wife says I drink too much coffee. She’s probably right. She usually is.