DO NOT give your answers below. Reply here only if you have a question. Answers will be shared in class.
We will have a class discussion/debate on Thursday, September 18.
I will ask the class several discussion questions. Students are encouraged to reply with specific examples. To receive participation points, students must raise their hands and share their thoughts. Prepare to discuss the following in class.
Key Discussion Questions
- Give an example of an ad, TV program or product of the media that supports some key points of Reading 1:
- Ads use our emotions to help sell products.
- Our lives are dull and ordinary.
- We can trust things more than actual people.
- Products give us love we don’t get in our lives.
- Give an example of a company, ad, TV program or product of the media that supports some key points of Reading 2:
- They provide information for buying something.
- They pay for things we enjoy like TV programs and smartphone apps.
- Public service announcements inform the public.
- They help make the world more colorful.
- Further questions
- Is there too much advertising?