Please complete the following before our next class:
Pg. 144 – Exercise C
Pg. 145 – Reading 1 Vocabulary
Pg. 146-147 – Read “Nasreddin Hodja and the Candle”
Pg. 148 – Main Ideas and Details
Also, prepare to answer the following discussion questions in class:
- What is one of your favorite stories from childhood?
- What kinds of books or stories do you enjoy these days?
Questions to guide your reading: Nasreddin Hodja and the Candle
- At the beginning of the story, where are Nasreddin Hodja and his friends? What are they talking about?
- What does Nasreddin brag about?
- How does Nasreddin’s friends respond to his bragging?
- What bargain do they make?
- Nasreddin spends the night outside. How is he able to survive?
- How is Nasreddin the next morning?
- Do Nasreddin’s friends believe his story?
- When Nasreddin’s friends go to his house for dinner, do they eat right away?
- Nasreddin’s friends are amazed by something. What is it?
- Why does Nasreddin cook dinner with one candle?
What lessons can we learn from this story?