Please complete the following before our next class:
Pg. 156 – The Carbon Footprint Quiz
Pg. 157-8 – Reading 1 Vocabulary
Pg. 159-160 – Read “New Zero-Carbon City to Be Built”
Pg. 161-2 – Main Ideas and Details
Also, prepare to answer the following discussion questions in class:
- Are you green? In other words, do you live in a way that is environmentally responsible?
- Would you like to live in a green city?
- Are there any green cities in Korea?
Questions to guide your reading: “New Zero-Carbon City to Be Built”
- What unlikely thing is happening in Abu Dhabi?
- What makes Masdar an eco-city? What is its cost and size?
- What is a PRT? How does it work?
- How important will recycling be in Masdar?
- Will the residents of Masdar be comfortable? Explain.
- Who is helping to make this project possible?
What do you think are advantages and disadvantages to living in Masdar City?
Some people in Reading 1 (like curioustoknow76 and realitysam) posted different opinions about Masdar. With whom do you agree? Why?