Please complete the following before our next class:
Pg. 162-3 – Reading Skill, Exercises A and B
Pg. 164 – Reading 2 Vocabulary
Pg. 165-6 – Read “”Out of the Box” Ideas for Greener Cities”
Pg. 167 – Main Ideas and Details
Questions to guide your reading: “”Out of the Box” Ideas for Greener Cities”
- What are local governments doing to make cities more energy efficient? Why?
- In what strange place are some new farms being built?
- What is indoor farming? What are the benefits?
- What role will skyscrapers play?
- What are the benefits of farming this way?
- What is an alternative to building things?
- What happened to old Cheonggye Stream?
- What did Lee Myung-bak do?
- How long did it take? What was the result?
- What is the “Bicing” program in Spain?
- What are the benefits of this program?
- What does it mean to “think outside the box”? Why should we do this?
Also, prepare to answer the following discussion questions in class:
- Are any of the ideas mentioned in Reading 2 used in Korea (besides Cheonggye Cheon, of course)?
- What is one change your city could make to improve quality of life?