I will ask the class several discussion questions. Students should with specific examples. To receive participation points, students must raise their hands and share their thoughts. Prepare to discuss the following in class.
Think of a story you enjoy.
- What is the setting of the story?
- Ex. Sherlock Holmes – London, England in the age of Queen Victoria
- Who are the main characters?
- How would you describe them?
- What do you like about the characters?
- Are there secondary/minor characters you also like? Why?
- What is the conflict in the story?
- (Ex. Harry Potter vs Voldemort — Harry has to kill Voldemort to restore balance in the world.)
- What is the resolution of the story? (Ex. Harry Potter kills Voldemort by allowing himself to be killed.)
- What is the theme of the story? (Ex. Harry Potter — love, friendship, good conquers evil, etc.)
- Why do you like the story?