Please complete the following before our next class:
Pg. 169-71 – Reading Skill – Exercises A, B, C
Pg. 171-2 – Reading 2 Vocabulary
Pg. 173-4 – Read “Problems with Math”
Pg. 175 – Reading 2 Main Ideas and Details
Questions to guide your reading: Problems with Math?
- What was the author (Joe) good at and not good at in math?
- What serious problem did the Joe’s math teacher cause for him in high school?
- How did he do in high school math courses?
- Why did Algebra 2 give him trouble?
- What happened in Trigonometry?
- Why did math teacher Mr. Peller write that note to Joe’s parents?
- Did Joe get into college?
- Did he have trouble with math again?
- What math class did he take and why?
- Did Joe enjoy the class? Why?
- Did Joe do well in the class?
- What job was he offered?
- Did he accept the job? Why?
- After getting married, what would happen to Joe when it came time to pay the bill at a restaurant?
- What was Joe’s method?
- How did his wife Leila react?
- What was Leila’s recommendation?
- What did Joe think of Leila’s method?
- What happens when their child has a math question?