Please complete the following before our next class:
Pg. 186-7 – Reading Skill
Pg. 187-8 – Reading 2 Vocabulary
Pg. 189-90 – Read “Money Makes You Happy — If You Spend It on Others”
Pg. 191-2 – Main Ideas and Details
Questions to guide your reading: Money Makes You Happy — If You Spend It on Others
- Can money buy you happiness?
- What is the correlation between amounts of money and gains in happiness?
- How was this correlation tested?
- What did the research show?
- How was the study conducted?
- What is “prosocial” spending? What effect did it have on people’s happiness?
- What did researchers learn from Tim and Dan?
- Does other research support this?
- What does Tal Ben-Shahar ask his students to do? What results do the students get?
- What did the Science study show about the amount of money spent?
- Did the amount of money matter? Who gained more happiness?
- Does this mean money isn’t important?
- Why is how one spends their money more important?
- Why don’t more people realize that spending money on others is a reliable road to happiness?
- How did Professor Dunn give her family the gift of giving?