Please complete the following before our next class:
Pg. 209-10 – Reading Skill, Exercises A and B
Pg. 211-12 – Reading 2 Vocabulary
Pg. 212-3 – Read “Social Networking Sites: Are They Changing Human Communication?”
Pg. 214-5 – Main Ideas and Details
Questions to guide your reading: Social Networking Sites: Are They Changing Human Communication?
- How do people use the Internet to communicate?
- What do some people fear because of technology?
- Are there good reasons to fear this?
- Who is Himanshu Tyagi, and what did he warn us about?
- Why would social networking sites have a negative effect?
- What does Dr. Aric Sigman think could happen because of our use of social networking sites?
- What kinds of biological results could there be?
- What did scientist Susan Greenfield say could result?
- How would our minds become more childlike?
- Are there positive aspects of social networking sites?
- What are they?
- What lesson can we learn from examining the positive and negative aspects of social networking sites?